Thursday, March 17, 2011

The last few weeks or so it feels like a grey gloomy cloud has taken residence over my head and has decided to stay there. I have been down. I just can't seem to shake it. I have been sad about a friendship that is pretty much over. I know relationships end and maybe this one just ran its course, but I still miss it. I am dreading my looming 36th birthday and just want to hide in my bed all day with the covers or my head and not even think about the fact that I am 36 and single. I have just been feeling lonely, fat, ugly, and unworthy of a lot of things. I know pretty much a debbie downer.

But, I realized today that God is pretty fantastic and that He steps in when I am feeling this way. He lets me know, in His own way, that not only am I not alone, but I am also loved. For example: The parent of one of my former student's always gives me a hug whenever she sees me. I love that. I love her for that. It makes me feel super great. My assistant gave me a birthday card. It was so sweet because he not only wished me a happy birthday, but he also told me some really nice things that I needed to hear. One of my cute part timers gave me a birthday gift. I thought it was beyond nice that she even thought of me. I realized that my students love me. They call my name about 500 times in a day and yes, sometimes it drives me crazy, but I got to thinking that they call MY name 500 times a day and they ask ME for help and they ask ME for treats and they come to ME for comfort when they get kicked in the junk by another student and they want ME to watch when they eat their veggies at lunch. They love me. I am crazy about them.


I am just super duper grateful for the moments when I lift my head up and look through the grey gloomy cloud and notice those precious moments that God has given me.

4 comments:

Miss M said...

Oh, Meg. I just love you so much. I got a little choked up reading this. I'm grateful that you are YOU and nobody else. Here's a big cheesey cyber-hug. (((((((((())))))))))

anniejoneslarsen said...

Oh my gosh Megan! Both Eric and I commented on how hot you looked when we saw you at Blockbuster. You look AMAZING!

Kellie & Cody said...

Megan--I know that I rarely see you, and I honestly don't know why some lucky guy hasn't snagged you up. Doesn't make sense. But, you have an amazing outlook on life that I admire and I look forward to reading your blog. You appreciate the small things in life and you help me remember that's what is important!!!

LayzurShow said...

Oh my gosh, this inspired my so much! Thank you!