Tuesday, July 23, 2013

True Story...



I wanted to do this on a Monday, so I could call it "Memory Lane Monday". Catchy, eh?! But, I didn't get around to it yesterday.

Here goes this very true story. (This really did happen, Shannon!)

When I was a kid, our summer vacations consisted of heading to Downtown Salt Lake and spending 4 days, 3 nights at the glorious Holiday Inn. My mom got a poolside room, so that she could still stay in her room and read, but kindof keep on eye on us. We were fish during those times. I don't think I ever remember wearing pants. It seemed like we lived in our bathing suits. We, also, befriended anyone that came to swim in the pool, sit in the hot tub(do I have a great Holiday Inn hot tub story, but that is for later), play mini golf or shuffle board. No one was a stranger to the Keeney Kids and especially my little sister and me. One particular summer, I was hanging out in the pool, all by myself, when who should come into the water, but the girls from THE FACTS OF LIFE!! No joke. (I was probably about 8yrs old and loved the Facts of Life). I remember thinking that they were the coolest. So, somehow I began a conversation with these ladies and I am pretty sure we became fast friends. We became such good friends that they taught me how to do the back float. Yep, the Facts of Life girls taught Megan Keeney how to back float. What is cooler than that? Ok, maybe at 38 I can find a lot more things...like the Rock teaching me the back float etc. I digress. But, it was a magical moment and one that I won't ever forget. Of course, when I told my siblings they didn't believe me. To this day, they still don't. Why would the FOL girls be in SLC? Why wouldn't they? Anyway, I know in my heart what is true, but you can believe what you want.

1 comment:

Kellie & Cody said...

That is awesome! Both that you got to meet them...but also the childhood story!