Saturday, May 23, 2009

R.I.P Miss Olivia

( This isn't the best pic of her, but I thought it was super cute! And, you can see how much the dog wanted to be friends with her)


I think that I could end up being one of those creepy cat ladies. I wouldn't mind it one bit. I have been wanting a cat for a while now, but I can't have one at my current place of residence (boo!) But, my older sis told me that I could have one at their place. Hooray! So, I went to the Humane Society and did some good old cat shopping. It was fun. I found one that was beautiful(Siamese/Himalayan mix) and that I really liked. I took my sister's dog, Looo (yep, 3 o's) to get his approval on the cat. He loved her and the cat was pretty tolerant of Looo. Hooray again! I was super excited. My niece, Henna, and I decided to name her Olivia. It fit her perfectly. Well, the cat had some infected teeth, so I took her back to the Humane Society to have their on-site vet have a look. He opened her mouth and noticed the infected teeth, but upon further inspection said, "You don't want this cat!" (uh, yea I do, that's why I adopted her) He went on to explain that she had some really bad infection in her mouth called stomachitis (or something like that) and that it was super expensive to treat and that she would eventually starve to death. He just said that it was too bad that I had adopted this cat. When I asked what was going to happen to her, he said, "She will be put down." Oh man. I felt so bad. So, a staff member walked me over to the receiving side, so I could turn Olivia back in and get a refund. All the while, I was feeling so sad for this poor unsuspecting cat. They reassurred me that the procedure was painless and that it would only take a second. But, still.....


I had looked at Olivia one last time and as she looked up at me with her big blue eyes, I lost it! I totally started crying. One of the staff members told that it was ok, but it really wasn't. I gave Miss Olivia one last pet and then they took her away. I got my paperwork together, walked to my car, and then bawled my eyes out. It totally sucked! What a way to end a perfectly good day.

1 comment:

Kellie & Cody said...

I am so sorry! That is too sad. I'm glad to know that at least Miss Olivia had someone to love her during her last days. I'm pretty sure that stuff counts when you get to the other side!