Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year's thoughts....

Every year I have tried to make resolutions and every year, I fail to keep them. Oh, the biggie was last years...get married in September. Believe me, I ain't doing that again. Was I just trying to set myself up for a huge disappointment when the day came and went and all I got was a burrito for Chipotle? Oh well....

I was reading a post that my friend (and one of my fav mission companions) wrote. She had a really good idear. Instead of resolutions, she does mantras or some saying that she is going to live by through out the year. The one she had last year was, "This is my year!" She started a new job, lost 70 lbs. (and looks fab!), and started dating a pretty swell guy. I liked her positive outlook on life. So, Miss Alison, I hope you don't mind that I steal your last years mantra, but

THIS IS MY YEAR!!!
I eagerly await what life has to offer for the upcoming year. So, Bring it on, 2011. I am ready.

2 comments:

A Mere Carat Girl said...

I don't know you, but I hope it all starts falling into place for you. Best New Years Wishes!

imabeaut said...

Megan,

I'm so touched that my year has inspired so many people. I wish you an amazing year! Life will bring you goodness if you look for goodness...We never know what is just around the corner for us and I know that this year will be another amazing year of growth and change for me.!

Love you!