Tuesday, April 26, 2011

He's an OLD MAN!!!

Today my dad is the big 8-0!! Yep, you read that right!! My dad is 80 years old (or young, depending on how you look at things!).

Here are just a few things that I loved about my daddy-o:

* He could do the Fat Albert voice
* He made ice cream for a living.....pretty much the COOLEST job that a dad can have
* When we would visit him at Cream O' Weber, he would draw caricatures on the sugar bags and let us operate the box smasher. A bonus!
* He would let my little sister and me put barretts and other hair things in his hair. He sat very patiently as we played beauty salon with him.
* I love shoulder rides from my dad. He was 6 feet tall (or somewhere around there) and so, together we were gigantic.
* I remember the feeling of having him carry me through a haunted house. I was seven and pretty scared about the fact that some old lady wanted my blood. I still remember the feeling of nuzzling into his shoulder the entire time.


Well, I hope there is some kind of party going on in Heaven.

Happy Birthday, Dad! I love and miss you! xoxox

No comments: