Thursday, July 21, 2011

Beeswax......

Setting: Work breakroom

Players: Myself, one of my part-timers, and two bus drivers

As I am walking in, the two bus drivers(both of which are probably in the 50's) are talking about marriage. One is saying that she has been divorced twice and blah, blah, blah.

Staff: I really want to get married

Me: Me too. My biological clock has been going on for a while.

Bus drivers: Well, you're not that old you should be ok.

Me: Hmmm...I am older than you think.

Bus drivers: Well, how old are you?(and yes, it was both of them asking)

Me: 36

One of the bus drivers: Oh, I thought you were younger than that.

The other bus driver: Oh, that is getting up there. You might want to get on that.

Me: (thinking things in my head that I won't say out loud)

The other bus driver: If you don't ever get married, would you have a baby on your own?

Me: No. I want to get married, too.

The other bus driver: (here is the best part) Maybe you should consider getting YOUR EGGS FROZEN!! (she really did say that!)

Me: (Pretty sure I looked dumbfounded)

The other bus driver: You should really look into that while your eggs are still good and healthy.

Me: (and that's when I flipped her off....ok, I didn't really, but in my head I did)


And, that is why what I do with my eggs is none of the bus drivers beeswax

2 comments:

Miss M said...

I. have. no. words.

J,B and K said...

Wow. When I was teaching school, I had a parent of a student tell me the same thing. That I should consider freezing my eggs. She also told me I should go on the Atkins diet. Some people just don't have filters.