Friday, August 26, 2011

One demon conquered!!

Anyone who knows (and loves)me, knows that I hate, hate needles and hospitals. They both make me woozy and just yucky!

An example: My mom was first diagnosed with Breast Cancer when I was 10 years old and therefore, needed to go through radiation treatments. In order for us to sort of understand what she was going through my dear mom took each of her kids to see a radiation treatment. The day that she took my little sister and me, we had gone to see a movie beforehand and pigged out on junk food, so I blame the food for what is to come. We then went to the hospital and sat in the hallway by some monitors. We could see the whole process on the monitors. It was pretty interesting. While we were sitting there, I let out this huge, nasty burp. Shannon laughed. I was embarrassed because there was technician lady sitting at the monitors. Who knew that this was a foreshadowing of horrible things to come?! And come they did! Within the next few minutes, I started getting that horrible woozy feeling and then without any warning, I puked. And, this wasn't a little lady like urp on my shirt, this was projectile. I took off running and tried to catch it in my hands. I was not very successful! A nurse was taking care of me, while they were helping my mom. This was certainly not my plan, but whatever! It was so gross! I blamed it on the fact that we had had so much junk food. My mom thinks that it was because of the hospital. I think she is right. I just don't like them. If I do go to the hospital and start getting that, "Wo, I need to sit down feeling and put my head between my knees!" I go and see the babies. I can handle babies.

So, what is this demon that I conquered?? I DONATED PLASMA!! I have been thinking about it for a few years now, but when I really start thinking about it, it makes me a bit faintish. I finally decided that I just needed to suck it up and do it. So, I went today. The entire process was not bad. The needle.....meh! Not really a big deal, but then I have had multiple needles stuck in my foot and those suckers HURT! But, after the whole thing was done, I got up, and starting walking toward my car. I felt like I was going to vomit. I started looking for a place to spew and then I sat down....yep, in the hallway. I am sure I looked ridiculous, but I didn't care. I stayed there for a few minutes, and then went to my car. When they tell you to make sure your stomach is full, have a full stomach. But, other than that minor little setback I am proud of myself and I am $50 richer.

No comments: