Tuesday, August 23, 2011

What would you do?

I signed up for this class, "Anthropology of Humor and Laughter". It sounded like it could be an interesting class. And, it covers my diversity credit that I need. Well, I went to my first class tonight. The cute, Polish, feisty prof. explained that this class is going to be very offensive. I started wondering if I should stay in the class and just "suck it up" She went through the entire syllabus and then showed us a few clips to help us make up our minds. The first one was not too bad and I wasn't all that offended. I can handle some crude jokes and f bombs( I am not saying that I like them, but I could deal). The next clip she showed us helped me to make up my mind. It showed Jesus sitting on a rock wearing thorns on his head. He then starts singing "I will survive!" He throws off his robe and is wearing a white loin cloth thing. As he is singing, he gets into the middle of the road and then gets hit by a bus. The whole class was laughing. I didn't think it was all the funny. The prof. then excused us to go on a 15 minute break and I decided to leave.

I am curious as to what you would do? Take the class or drop it?

2 comments:

Gage said...

I think I would have dropped it. That's all.:)

Miss M said...

I would drop the class. If that's what the whole semester is going to be like, I couldn't handle that.