Thursday, July 5, 2012

Reason #222 why I love being an Aunt!

My cute niece, Bug, emailed me a few weeks ago to run the North Ogden Cherry Days 5k with her.  I have done a few 5 ks with my nephew, Calvin, but none of my nieces, so I jumped at the chance.  I was excited to run with her and I would dare say, she was excited to run with me.  I spent the night at my brother's house, so I didn't have to get up at the butt crack of dawn to get to Ogden in time.  6:00am cam WAY too early, but I was ready to run.  The person yelled, "Ready, Set, Go!" and off we went.  I decided that I was going to run the entire 3.1 miles no matter what.  Afterall, I should be training for the St. George Marathon.  ugh..

The course was nice.  A few little hills and some down hills too.  I cheered Bug on and even sang a few songs.  I only did what a wonderful aunt would do...I tried to embarrass her :)  Ithink I succeeded.  We finished the race and survived!  It was a lot of fun and now I am anticipating another one with her. 

Thanks, Bug!  Love you much. 

No comments: