Thursday, March 18, 2010

Bittersweet....

My 35th birthday is tomorrow. I really can't believe that I am already 35 years old. Where did the last 10 years of my life go? I love celebrating my birthday...I really do. But, my birthdays are a little bittersweet. The two people that gave me life and created me and the two people who really should be honored are no longer on this earth. It makes me a little sad to think about that and to think how much I miss them and how much I wish that on my birthday I could just hug them. If only. I know that someday I will. But, I remember, a few years back, reflecting on this exact thing, that my birthday could be a really sad day. Not only am I getting closer to menopause, but the ones that I love most are not here. But, then the thought came to me that even though, my parents aren't here, I have been extremely blessed by so many that I love dearly. I really have. I can't even say how lucky I feel to have such great people in my life that let me know I am loved and that I matter. It really means so much.

One of my past posts, I mentioned wanting to open my mailbox and have tons of cards come fluttering out. I got that. One of my best friends sent me about 5 cards. I opened each one up and I laughed at them and then I cried. I am blessed. How can I complain when I have friends and family like this? God truly has been good to me in this department. And, all I can do is say THANKS! I hope it's enough.

p.s one of my students gave me a card and an earring/necklace set. It was probably one of the cutest things ever.

No comments: