Monday, April 19, 2010

For the Love of Monday....

These are the things that I loved about this Monday:

1. One of my students was brought in by his dad. I was sitting at one of the tables and couldn't see him, but could hear his little voice say, "Is Megan here?" How cute is that? He wanted to go everywhere with me. I really love and adore this kid.

2. One of my former student's mom asked me if I was teaching third grade so her child could be in my class again. That made me super happy.

3. A group discussion of "Finnegans Wake". It sounds weird that I would love talking about such a weird piece of literature, but I liked the people in my group. It was not only educational, but pretty darn entertaining....with a side order of drama.

4. A student laughing so hard that he peed his pants.

5. The same student from #1 saying to me, "I like you, Megan!" Seriously? I love these kids. I really do.

6. I went on a date with a pretty cool guy.

7. Chocolate Milk. Happiness in a cup.

8. My cool earrings that Miss Deb got me from NYC. I love them! I have received many compliments.

9. Birds on my balcony, listening to them chirp in the wee hours of the morning, and the smells of Spring. I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!! I wish I could capture it in a bottle.

10. Another student watching from the Library as the window washer cleaned all the windows. When he was done, the student said, "They are sparkling!"


p.s did i mention that I kindof like my students? like a lot!

2 comments:

Anna-Lisa said...

What a way to start out Mondays - finding everything good about them instead of just counting down until Friday!

Miss M said...

I hope all your students realize how much you love them. They're lucky to have you.