Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I was a backup singer for Bono....

Ok, so technically I did the oohs and ahhs with the rest of the crowd, but if he asked me to be a backup singer. I totally would!

One of my students told me that he is going to marry me tomorrow. Today, I am single. Tomorrow, a married lady. I am guessing that I will have to support the fam until he gets through first grade. So cute.

A kid that I have been tutoring likes to write things in the air. When I asked him what he was writing, he said," Stop talking, Grandma or I will shove a hot pocket in your mouth." Mmmkay...

I finally watched "Splendor in the Grass" and I really liked it.

Did I ever mention that I am now attending a mid singles ward? Well, I am. I never had plans of doing so, but it just felt right and I really like it a lot.

I met this cool, nerdy, awkward, cute guy at a pot luck and we chatted for about 2 hours. I discovered that he can fix tables, so I asked him to fix mine. It was my mom's and it is in pretty good condition. So, he came over, fixed the table, and then asked me if I wanted to go to dinner with him. He then told me, "I have a confession to make. I used fixing your table as a ploy to ask you out." I told him, "Well, it worked!" I am crossing all body parts that can be crossed he calls back.

Bruno Mars with my cute nephew is next Monday. I am pretty darn excited to embarrass the lad, but then he has hung out with me a lot, so it may not really happen.

When Bono kept asking, "What time is it?" I yelled back, "Hammer time!" It just seemed appropriate.

2 comments:

Just Kristina... said...

I'm sitting here laughing. Too cute! Congrats on your upcoming wedding. All of my parts are crossed too the Mr. Mid-singles Ward calls back!!

Anonymous said...

http://bodblah.blogspot.com/

free advertising and sharing