Tuesday, January 5, 2010

And so it goes....

Life is tough. There seems to be no way to slice it or dice it. It is not supposed to be easy, but sometimes it just seems downright unfair. My brother in law was found unresponsive and was life flighted to the University Hospital. He has lots of problems...brain damage, heart damage, liver damage, not breathing on his own etc. It's sad to walk into his room and see all the tubes coming out of everywhere. It makes me tear up every time. I have spent many hours waiting and hoping and praying for something, but for now it's just waiting. And more waiting. I can't imagine what my sister or his family must be feeling. This has got to be tough for a mother to see her son in such a state. My heart goes out to them.

However, there are a few things that I have learned. There is this amazing strength that comes to those who are taking care of loved ones. They truly learn to forget themselves and serve others. It isn't about what they want, but what is best for the person in need. I am amazed, also, at how much people are there to offer up support and comfort. I have been impressed as many co-workers and friends have come to see him...maybe for the last time.

The other thing is that I love the Priesthood. I can't imagine my life without it. I am so grateful to the gentleman and his nephew, who were there to visit this gentleman's dying brother, who graciously and without hesitation offered to give a blessing. It was beautiful and sweet and very sincere. It was very much appreciated. It brought peace and comfort to those of us in attendance. Thank you!

I am not quite sure how to end this post. I will just say that I am grateful to my friends that I have asked to pray for him. They don't know him, but they have still be willing and have also been concerned. I have received many texts asking for updates and many phones calls. It really means so much to me.

1 comment:

Kellie & Cody said...

Whoa. Megan. Which brother-in-law? I am so sorry. Please let us know if there is anything we can do.