Saturday, October 16, 2010

Farmers Market

My love for the Farmers Market has blossomed from just sheer enjoyment to all out L-O-V-E! I went today because it was the final day of the Downtown Farmers Market. I had about $26 on me and these are the many fantastic things that I purchased:

a grundle of apples...two different varieties
about 10 tomatoes
one spaghetti squash
two ginormous zucchini
one mouthwatering raspberry tart
a loaf of Jewish Rye Bread (from my fav. German Bakery)

I just love the way fresh produce taste and while I do love my local Dan's grocery store, nothing compares (did you just start thinking about Sinead O'Connor? because I did) to the stuff I get from the farmers market. I think I may start my own garden and call myself a farmer. boyhowdy!

1 comment:

Kellie & Cody said...

I have always wanted to go there--and have never made it! It sounds wonderful though!