Thursday, October 14, 2010

My mom is calling.....

Last Friday (October 8), I went to an 80's themed dinner group. I looked great. My hair was perfectly crimped and ratted, my blue eyeshadow looked electric and dynamite, and my self made A-ha t-shirt was looking great. My group dined on some delicious Ethopian food. I shared my plate with a delightful young man that seemed pretty cool. We tore apart our bread stuff and scooped up the food while chatting it up. I thought that I would like to get to know him better....note I didn't say I wanted to marry him or date him, but just interested in getting to know him better.

Well, jump into your DeLoreans and fly into the future...this Wednesday( October 13), I went to a midsingles Institute class and yes, I did go partly so that I could talk to this guy. He didn't show up until after class was over and we were mingling. I walked over to him and started talking to him. He then pulled out his phone from his shirt pocket (and I am thinking, "Oh my gosh, he wants to get my number! So cool!") and then says, "Oh, it's my mom calling. I need to answer this." He then says, "Well, it was nice talking with you." And then walks off.

I told my friend that I guessed if a guy would rather talk to his mom then talking to me, that is not a good sign.

Rejection sucks donkeys.

2 comments:

Miss M said...

Boo. Boo. Double boo to that.

You looked totally awesome in your 80s gear, btw.

Kellie & Cody said...

Oh, yeah...I don't know what to say to that!! I don't think you are the problem though!!