Saturday, March 7, 2009

I got my mind set on you...

I feel like I need a lighter post to go with the last one. I love when a song brings back great, great memories. This song by George Harrison reminds me of being in Germany, as an exchange student ( I should find some pics from that time). The year was 1989 and I was a mere 14 years old. Can you believe that my mom let me travel a bazillion miles away without her? She did. It was the evening after the graduation of my fellow german friends. We were celebrating with some good polka music and o.j (orange juice and not orenthal james). I had left for a while to go eat some food. My German exchange partner came looking for me and was none to happy that I had left....oops! I went back to the building where the post graduation celebration was being held. I remember leaning in the back, against the brick wall. The music was pretty bad and then, as if a 14 year old girl's prayer was answered, George Harrison started serenading me. Oliver, the cute german boy, grabbed my hand and off we went to go dance. We were the evenings entertainment. The rest of the exchange group followed and soon we were all dancing. I remember how the parents just watched us the entire time. Ah, it was a moment that I wanted to last forever, but I relive it everytime I hear this song. Thanks George!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u88POFV2Pms

No comments: