Saturday, March 7, 2009

Trust Jesus


I was walking back from class, the other day and I noticed the words, "Trust Jesus" stenciled on the sidewalk. I think I have seen this stenciled all over the valley and yet, haven't given it much thought, until now. What does it mean to "Trust Jesus"? Is it just a phrase that someone wanted to write, but really means nothing? So often I have put my trust in man and time and time again, I fall short. I find myself kicking against the pricks (figuratively and literally..ha!) and getting hurt. Why is this a lesson so hard for me to grasp? Seriously. Putting my trust in Jesus is really the only way to find peace and happiness. He really is the one that can succor us in our time of need. He is the one that can carry our burdens AND even make them lighter. I desperately desire this and yet, afraid to just let go. A few weeks back, we had our ward conference. Our new Stake President is so amazing. He is 29 years old (did your mouth just drop open?) and yet, I know that he is an inspired man. He retold the story of the Savior visiting Mary at the garden tomb in a way I had never thought of before. Here was Mary weeping at the tomb because she didn't know where the Savior was. Some angels appear before her and ask, " why weepest thou?" Maybe this seemed a bit insensitive, but it wasn't meant to be. Then the Savior asks , "Mary, why weepest thou?" He asked her because He was confused as to why she was weeping. She had no need of weeping for He just overcame EVERYTHING that anyone of us will ever experience. The Stake President then said, "I am sure there are some of you here that have depression, anxiety etc. etc., but that we need not weep because the Savior knows us." Just as He called Mary by her name, He too will call us by ours. It was a beautiful lesson. I have felt the healing power of the Savior in my life. I know that He loves me and yet, I sometimes fail to recipricate that love. I am grateful, beyond grateful for someone who knows and loves me. Sometimes I feel like that must be a hard thing to do. So, I am working on trusting Jesus because it really is that simple and oh so necessary.


p.s sorry this is so personal. it's what was on my mind.

1 comment:

Miss M said...

Thanks for sharing this. I think we all need this reminder once in a while.

P.S. You know you're pretty great, right?