Friday, August 14, 2009

Winning Big in Pioneer Park!

+

=
A VERY FUN NIGHT!!

Pioneer Park showed the wonderful flick "Footloose" last Friday at Pioneer Park. KSL sponsored a Fancy Footwear Contest. I was wearing my drab flip flops, but then like a stroke of genius I remembered that my tap shoes were in my car. I had yet to take them out of my car from when my tap class ended, so I ran to my car and got my tap shoes. KSL had a little stage for all the contestants to stand on. They put 4-5 on the stage at a time. I stood up on the stage with my friends and when it was my turn for the audience to see my shoes, I did a few taps steps. (Did I mention that this was in front of everyone at the movie? It was.) I ended up being one of the four finalists. Super cool! I wanted the prize. I had my eye on that prize. I felt in my heart and in my bones that I was going to win. Afterall, it was a movie about dancing. So, they went through the four finalists and had the audience cheer for their favorite. It came down to me and a girl wearing gold high heels, which I must say were pretty fancy, but I ended up with the crown. I was so excited. My prize? Well, I got $100 visa card, $100 gift card to Maverick, 4 tickets to see Footloose down at Tuacan, and a one night stay at a hotel in St. George. Super cool! Footloose is now my favorite movie and I will always have a special place in my heart for Kevin Bacon. Amen.

4 comments:

Anneliese said...

Way to go! I wish I had been there to see it! And what a prize. Wow!

Gage said...

that's freakin' awesome

Brianna and Wade said...

Dear Megan
You are amazing! I have never seen footloose (ahem take me- j/k)But I can see you there having the time of your life. this story is hilarious!
our blog is wandbsiddoway.blogspot.com. I do not lead an entertaining life.. but I like to post sometimes. Also I have a photo blog at whatiseebybri.blogspot.com if you want to check that one as well. Cya soon ttyl

Miss M said...

Footloose and Kevin Bacon and winning awesome footwear contests are true.

Amen.