Sunday, August 23, 2009

The rain stopped, the heavens parted, the clouds were light and fluffy looking. Miss M and I waited on the black asphalt to hear our friend/hair extraordinaire blow our minds with his vocal abilities. I waited and watched him pace around. I was slightly nervous because I wasn't sure what to expect, but I wanted it to be good.....no, I wanted it to be great! The "crew" finally got the microphones, piano, and sound system ready to go. Jer introduced himself and then the first note came. I sucked my breath in hoping that it was a great first note. And, when he let it roll forth over his teeth, it was BEAUTIFUL!! I stood in awe for about 30 minutes as he sang and sang. I have heard him talk about his ability to sing, but never had I heard him sing. It was amazing. I seriously had goosebumps that took residence on my arm and stayed the rest of the play list. I was moved. I was in awe. I was happy. Oh, I was happy. I felt like the drive up to Park City was much needed and the music was calming. I thought to myself that more people need to hear him sing. I decided, also, that when I get married that boy is singing at my party. And, if that blessed event doesn't occur, well then, he will seranade me at my birthday!
Thanks, Jer for sharing your talent with us. It certainly made my day.

Oh, and if you are ever in need of a good hairstylist, I pretty much know the best one around!

No comments: