Friday, December 5, 2008

Funky, Crazy Buildings


So, Yesterday in class my professor showed us pictures of buildings by different architectures. We were discussing Postmodernism. A few by Frank Lloyd Wright and some by Frank Gehry. They were crazy weird. I recommend looking some up. I love them, but not necessarily sure that I would want to live in them. Frank Lloyd Wright's are especially funky and believe me, I love me some funk, but I want a building I could see myself living in. I was thinking about these buildings and then I remembered this cool building that I often passed, while sitting in the train in Germany, it was on my way to Plochingen. I think one of the stops was right in front of this building. I remember clearly pressing my nose up against the glass trying to get the best view possible. It fascinated me so. I never took a picture of it(not sure why) and I must have passed it about 50 times, but every time I saw it, it was like I was seeing it for the first time, with awe and wonderment.

No comments: