Sunday, December 28, 2008

There's no place like home!


Click your heels three times and repeat after me, "There's no Place like home, there's no place like home!" Where were the powers of the ruby red slippers when I needed them? Miss M and I were on our way to fast become airport experts. Tom Hanks has nothing on us. We just spent over 30 hours trying to get home. This adventure included: two overnight stays in a New York and Colorado airport, super uncomfortable chairs, several trips to Dunkin' Donuts, two trashy magazines, getting kicked out of the gate area (darn those LaGuardians!), hearing, about every 15 minutes, an announcement about not leaving suitcases unattended or they will be destroyed...I heard it so much that it became part of my dream in Denver, one trip to Mickey Dees, palm readings, slimey teeth, totally stinky breath, too much money spent on a banana, lots of praying,loss of sanity, greasy hair, laughing til it hurts, tears,thank yous, a greater appreciation for home, and the craziest ending to a super fab trip with a super fab gal. I will travel with you anywhere, Miss M, but never will I sleep over in an airport! There really is no place like home (and a hot shower followed with deodarant, and a good teeth brushing!). Welcome Back!!
p.s I will post later all about the trip! It was wonderful.....

No comments: