Saturday, December 6, 2008

If I had a bazillion dollars I would pay to have Placido Domingo come and sing lullabies to me. I can almost bet that I would get the best sleep I have had in years and maybe, I would have some great dreams too. Could you imagine? His voice is so majestic and yet, so soothing. It really speaks to my soul and stirs things within me (like my spleen and sometimes I have felt my pancreas stir...odd). I have loved his voice for years! So, the holiday season is now upon us and breathing down my neck, but the one thing that I really look forward to is pulling out my Placido Domingo tape(I am an old fashion gal...tapes and vinyls for me) and crankin' up the volume, especially when he sings "Oh Holy Night." I guarantee you it will make your soul quiver. It's just that good. So my Christmas gift to you, my blog reading friends, is for you to enjoy his voice, as well! I hope it brings you peace! Or at least a great appreciation for guys who can hit really high notes! (please note: this video was the best I could find. I am not sure why Julie Andrews is in it, but I love her too.)

No comments: