Monday, June 28, 2010

Things to do when bored on a Sunday part 2












Yep, I made another freaking trip to the ER. I have been having some back pains for over a month now and it was just so stinkin' painful. It was really hard to sleep at night and I felt like an 80 year old trying to hoist myself out of bed each morning. Ugh. For someone that has a needle and hospital phobia, I can't seem to keep myself away from them....especially those blasted needles. They took an X-ray on my chest and then my foot, took some blood, and did some cultures (thus the bottles that look like tabasco sauce), deaden my foot, and then stuck another needle in it to extract some fluids. Uh, yea...that one hurt like a mother! I could feel it going into my joints. The doc told me that I had an infection in my foot, that's why I was probably feeling like I wanted to toss my cookies every time I stood up and my heart rate was super high.
The high points were: The doctor looked like a clean cut version of Jared Leto....meow! I was not upset everytime he came into the room.
I was telling my sisters about this sappy church song and then proceeded to sing it when a tech came into the room. Oh, a bit embarassing!
I felt like I was going to throw up just as the 12 year old x-ray tech came to get me. I then started to cry and he bolted. Aw, boys! What wimps?!
Laughing with my sisters! We were there until 3 in the freakin' a.m.
Steve, the non-wimpy x-ray tech. He was pretty cool and even offered to take me for a spin (in my wheelchair) outside. I was tempted, but declined.
All the staff were pretty cool and really nice.




1 comment:

Miss M said...

You and your crazy ER adventures. I think that's enough for now. Don't you? :)

And how in the world do you get an infection in your foot? Were you trekking barefoot through the Amazon or something?

I'm glad you're feeling better. If you'd like some actual Jared Leto to watch, let me know, and I'll bring over some dvds.