Thursday, December 17, 2009

Sometimes....

Sometimes, I want to throw in the towel, at my job, and run away. Sometimes, I get really tired of wrestling with kids, getting bit, having a playdough can hit my head, or listening to a kid tantrum for 30 minutes. Sometimes, I want to work somewhere where it is very nice and quiet and I can read. But, only sometimes.....

Today was not one of those sometimes. Today was a day where I realized how much I love my job and how much I love my students and how much they make me happy and really proud to be their teacher. Today was one of those days when I felt like I was finally doing something right (or maybe it was just luck)

You see, we had our Christmas program. We were celebrating Christmas around the World. Our class was Australia. We had practiced a song over and over again that I am pretty sure I will have dreams about it. We had little speaking parts for four of the verbal kids in the class. It was going to be great. We rehearsed. The rehearsal was an utter disaster! The kids were all over the place, they weren't singing and some were even crying! (It was a Calgon moment!)

But, then the actual program started. The kids were dressed up in their swim trunks, Hawaiian shirts, and flip flops. They looked so stinkin' cute! We filed out onto the stage. I counted to three and the kids sang the song! And, even jingled their bells as they sang. It was wonderful. But, then the speaking parts came. I was worried that little A wouldn't talk into the microphone (he can be super shy), but he crouched down by me and read his part with no problems. Then, from the back, C shouts out "My turn!" The parents laughed! He grabbed the mic and began saying his part. G decided he didn't want to do it, so C did his as well. He hammed it up for the parents. It was so funny! I was so proud.........I wanted to cry! Then as we walked out, B shouted, "Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown!" The parents laughed.

So, today was a very good day!

1 comment:

Gage said...

You are going to be a FABULOUS mom someday. I love reading your blog.