Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy 16th Birthday, Dosh!!




This kid is turning 16!! He's pretty fantastic. Here are some things that I love about him...
* He is a really good kid. He will still let me hug him.
* He towers over me.
* Before I went on my mission, I watched him every day and I loved it.
*When I was leaving to go on my mission, he must have forgotten who I was because he was giving me some delightful crusties.
* He is the first grandchild, on the Keeney side, so he had his Grandma Kaye wrapped around his little finger.....most of the food at the house was for him and he could stay up for hours watching Cartoon Network. (okay, that kindof makes me sound a little bitter, but sometimes I just wanted to eat a can of Spaghetti O's and watch Felicity)
* He once said (as he was putting his pajamas on), "Sometimes I fall over when I only have one leg!" Um...okay.
* On a trip to Island Park, he was my driving buddy. He was 6, but it was still fun. I would tease him about driving so I could sleep. His response was, "but I'm only 6"
* Diving in the hot tub
* Sleepovers at my house
* I loved that he participated in the celebration program for the Draper Temple.
* He wanted (and may still) to grow up and be like his dad. That's really sweet.
* He told me once some tips that Grandma Kaye taught him, "Always eat your fruits and vegetables and if something is hot, eat the outer edges first while the middle cools down." Pretty smart kid!
*I love him oodles and I hope that he has a fantastic birthday.



No comments: