Sunday, July 25, 2010

Things I learned from Wicked......

My sister and I had a rip-roarin good time at Lagoon. I highly recommend going on Pioneer Day.
It may seem odd that I learned something from a silly, crazy ride, but I did. And, I would like to impart my wisdom to all of my devoted readers!

1. Sometimes scary things can come zoomin' at you really fast. Sometimes the best option is just to close your eyes and let it pass.

2. When going through the unknown or the hills in life, it's totally okay to grab someone's hand. And, it's perfectly ok if you don't know that person. When zooming head first down the big hill, I got a little scared and grabbed the hand of the girl sitting next to me. There wasn't much else to hold onto. Thankfully, she and her mom just laughed about it.

3. You can either laugh or cry...when the crazy stuff starts. I prefer to laugh.

4. Hold onto your cell phone, water bottle, and chapstick. It could go flying out at anytime.

5. It's funny that we will wait in a really long line for something so wild and yet, the ride is over so fast....maybe that is how life is. The long line is where we find joy in the journey and life is the ride that is over way too fast. It's important to enjoy the moments in the line.

6. When riding rides, we are almost always sitting with other people. We really aren't ever alone. That's a good one for me to remember. God doesn't leave us alone to go through this life. (and Lagoon attendants won't let us ride alone, either!)

7. The rules of the ride are there to help us enjoy it and to not get hurt.

8. Get in, sit down, hold on tight, scream if you must, but ENJOY YOUR RIDE!!

No comments: