Saturday, July 17, 2010

Why Bob Ross is cool (and if he were still with us, why he would be a cool friend!)

I was babysitting the other night, the kid was alseep, so I did some channel surfing. I came acrossed an old episode of the Joy of Painting with Bob Ross. It was like a train wreck that I could not turn away from.

Here are my reasons as to why Bob Ross is super cool and why he would make a great friend.

1. If you sucked at something and called yourself a failure, he would have a really nice comeback. Say you messed up on a painting, he would say that there are no mistakes. I would want him to follow me around all day just to tell me that.

2. I am pretty much convinced that if he were to read me a bedtime story, I would be asleep so fast. He has that ridiculously soothing voice.

3. The hair. That alone just makes him so cool
4. Think of how fun it would be to paint with him. I would not feel horrible about my attempts because I think he would tell me that it looked good.
5. How can a guy that uses the terms, "Happy trees or happy clouds" not be just about the coolest thing ever?
6. He has a the best names for all the colors he uses...titanium white etc.
7. I think he would probably like the Farmer's Market and he would go with me to buy a zucchini or something as delish as that.
8. If he were my friend, I think I would probably get a painting for my birthday. Ok, so his painting style is not really my preference, but it would still be a nice gesture.

No comments: